Re: Re: MIL/ Code P 04 55

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Thu Dec 27 2001 - 06:16:34 EST

 Hey, Bob (Tom)!

<snip> I would check the electrical connection and the condition of the
connector
 at the evap. purge solenoid (driver's side bolted to the firewall) just to
make
 sure that solenoid can function as it should (won't help if solenoid is
plugged
 or bad though). The PCM controls the ground side of this solenoid (it is
 normally
 open). When energized by the PCM, the vent solenoid will close, sealing
off
 the fresh air side of the system. The PCM only does this when it is
running
 its evap monitor (self-test).<snip>

I checked to make sure the connection was tight on the EPS, but I didn't
separate the
connection to look inside. It was under 20 degrees F on Xmas nite when I was
looking
at the system. Maybe I can get a break at work today & take another peek at
it. If I
can't, I've got an appointment with my local 5-star dealer (Scotia Motors),
in the AM.
Thanx for the info.

Bob Smith (Daksy2K on AIM)
DML/DML
2K DAKSY CC Sport +
3.9l; V6: 4X4
(1 of 980 2K DAKSYs mfrd)
For the mods,details, etc., visit us at:

http://home.nycap.rr.com/daksy/

(ps, we're still working on it...
Susan on the page; me on the DAKSY! )