Re: was:tailgate? now: snow

From: Andy Levy (andylevy@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Dec 29 2001 - 10:51:29 EST

Snow? What snow? While Watertown & Buffalo are measuring their snowfall
with yardsticks, I had to borrow Bob's micrometer (I don't own one myself,
see...) to measure it here. We barely have enough to cover the grass.

Got maybe an inch last night, first snowfall all week. Took me an HOUR to
get home (took me 20 minutes to get to work in the morning). We have a
decent layer of ice under the snow. I was in & out of 4WD the whole trip,
and lots of manual shifting to keep things well under control.

Rochester got a couple inches in places. Neil B, how'd you do? My
girlfriend called me at work to warn me there was snow out there, and
between that and my trouble leaving work, decided not to go out that way
last night. I'm confident in the snow - it's the idiots around me that are
scary, and kept me from driving.

Watertown, an hour north of here, is buried, but not as bad as Buffalo.
Snow is up and over the doorknobs on the outside of their houses.

But, the winds are shifting, and the lake effect off Ontario will get down
here on Monday morning, but I'll only be on the southern fringe. Through
the weekend, though, the Lake Erie winds are shifting and The Weather
Channel specifically mentioned Fredonia (hi Jon!) as being a ripe candidate
for 1-2 feet.

--
-andy
andylevy@yahoo.com