Re: DML; Almost lost my nuts!

From: John (jkp_61@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Dec 30 2001 - 12:57:43 EST

   Do you have the steel or aluminum wheels? You
should always re-check you lugs after you have
installed them, but especially on aluminum wheels! I
have seen them and heard many stories of them working
loose anywhere from 10mi to a couple hundred miles.
   The torque also differs if the studs are lubricated
or not. I also don't trust impacts, they seem to
either get them too tight or not tight enough!
Old-fashioned I guess, I either use a trusty 4 way or
a torque wrench. A reliable tire man once put my
Western mags back on my '69 Charger with an impact and
within 5 miles I thought I was riding in one of those
cartoon cars with all the wheels bent! All 4 wheels
almost fell off!!

=====
Take Care & Keep On Truckin'~~~~John