fuel pump

From: mgrose@ameritech.net
Date: Fri Feb 01 2002 - 00:20:08 EST

Just a quick question for you guys. Today my truck has stalled 5 times just
out of no where, one time was on the exit ramp off the free way. I always
love pushing up hill =D. After it sat for a little bit, it would start up
but only if I gave it some gas for about 30 secs. Also running 130miles and
down to a 1/4 tank. I am suspecting the fuel pump from what I have seen on
the list, especially back when Kyle was changing his almost monthly. So my
question is how much will a fuel pump run me, and how hard is it to replace
it. I have heard to ways of doing this...drop the tank or take off the bed.
Just not my year with the Dakota. First breaking bolts, now it looks like a
new pump. Did someone pass me the curse?

-Matt Grose
South Euclid, OH
97 RC 4x4 Sport 3.9L V6
DML Profile: http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/Gv2394THi1OPQ/