Re:Interesting M1,4BBL Intake Theories

From: George S Willhite (gswillhite@ualr.edu)
Date: Sat Feb 02 2002 - 03:04:14 EST

Bob Tom <tigers@bserv.com wrote:
>when I installed the MPI (a couple years after the Leach
>ceramic headers), my 60' times dropped only by hundredths of a sec.
>so loss of low end torque was not very much at all.<

Bob, thats good to hear, maybe with the 5 speed I won't
notice it to much.

>Long tube headers (I'm thinking of something along the lines of the
>Hooker headers) will cause you low end torque loss though.

Yep, Mike Leach headers were on my mind when I mentioned long
tube, I was thinking longer than shorties.

>BTW, an R/T owner said that he thought that he had lost low end torque
>with the MPI 2-bbl too.<

Funny thing, I'd swear I lost torque when I first installed it.
A few weeks later I noticed I was still getting a 3rd gear chirp
from the tires after smoking them in 1st and 2nd. I don't think
the MPI 4-bbl is lagging to far behind the 2bbl in performance.
I have a friend who has an R/T w/2bbl MPI, we'll have to race
soon and compare notes. ;)

Thanks Bob!

George