Re: Re: Question about TransGo shift kit

From: B1LLYW@aol.com
Date: Sat Feb 02 2002 - 21:16:46 EST

Gilpin.MCKnospam@lycos.com writes:

<< Wow, not one response. It seems no one around here likes to talk about
 transmissions. Has anyone even installed their own shift kit?, or do you all
 just take your trucks down to the local AAMCO and shell the bucks out.

 Mark >>

The Transgo is a great kit. I can hold any gear to any speed. Good, firm,
crisp shifts. That being said.....

A friend had installed on in his truck. He agreed to help my buddy and I
install ours. Two experienced shadetree mechanics and one newbie (me). We
did two at one time. We started at 8:00 on a Saturday morning and didn't
finish until 3:00 the following afternoon. Needless to say, the install was
a royal bitch. The instructions suck. However, it still beat the $700-$900
I got quoted to have it done.

Bill White - http://www.moparforme.com

THE BIONIC DODGE - 2000 Ram QC 1500 Sport, 408 Stroker - All Motor & Staying
That Way