Re: Re: question to dmler's concerning online hackers into p

From: Mike (spammikeREMOVE@home.com)
Date: Sat Feb 02 2002 - 21:20:22 EST

BlackIce Defender is a joke. As far as cheap (or free) and easy to set up
firewalls go, the only one worth using is ZoneAlarm (zonelabs.com). If you
know what you are doing you can get more protection from a packet filtering
firewall running on Linux or BSD, but for most people this is not realistic.

Use the "ShieldsUP!" test on http://grc.com/default.htm to test your system,
and read the articles there to get more info on security. It's a great
site.

Mike