Re: Re: Hurst Arrived - Install/Road Report - Tranny questions

From: Robert Schultz (robert_schultz@sympatico.killspammers.ca)
Date: Mon Feb 04 2002 - 13:53:48 EST

I was able to use the gasket that came with the kit.

It was only about a 1/16" thick, but I saw no problems when setting the
shifter in place. Didn't feel like it was hitting bottom at all. And the
bolts torqued down to 12 ft/lbs without problem.

That's kind of odd that you needed to make modifications because there
should be no difference in the tranny or shifter from 00 to 01. I thought
the problem was in clearing the redesigned dash?

I did use the stock bolts even though the instructions said to use ones
included in the kit. However, there weren't any.

The stock rubber gasket should help cut road noise.

Does anyone know why there would appear to be hammer marks inside the cup in
the transmission? I have had the shifting looked at by the dealer because I
could stick the shifter in between 2nd and 4th about 1/4 of the way down,
and had to lift it back to neutral and over to get to fourth. Did they
engage in percussive maintenance?

And one last thing. every time I've complained about the shifting and clutch
take-up, they found nothing wrong, but for a week or so afterwards the
clutch engaged very smoothly. After swapping the stick, the clutch is smooth
again. Could there be something about maybe releasing pressure in the tranny
that could effect the clutch take-up? Is there even pressure in the tranny?
I may be way off base, but it seems too co-incidental.

Rob S.