Re: Re: Hurst Arrived - Install/Road Report

From: SEMIHEMI01@aol.com
Date: Mon Feb 04 2002 - 09:21:20 EST

Robert,
    I'm curious about the gasket on the 2000 OEM shifter. How thick is it,
about 1/4" or less? I know on the 2001 that I had to make a set of bushings
to raise the Hurst and had to use the stock gasket & bolts. If you don't use
the bushings, the shift ball bottoms out in the socket and you cannot pull
the bolts down without breaking or stripping something.
    I agree it's noiser BUT it sure shifts a lot better. Short and crisp
shift. I found I had to get used to shifting with such a narrow left to right
gate. Bill

SEMIHEMI01@AOL.COM> KB SuperCharged, 4.7L, 2001, QC,
<A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/semihemi01">the "DAK",</A> <A
HREF="http://www.southernmopar.org/index.shtml">SouthernMopar</A>