CA premium fuel

From: Tomdamit@aol.com
Date: Thu Feb 07 2002 - 15:51:34 EST

I just ordered the Mopar Perf computer for my '98 Dak. The notes in the
catalog say must use 92 octane fuel at a minimum. I would be happy to but
all the refineries here in the great state of CA seem to have limited their
production to 91 octane.

Question for those that know: Is there any brand of gasoline now being
produced in So. CA at 92 octane that is locally available? I really don't
care about avgas or race gas, gang. Just pump gas that will work in my truck
and not ping.

Secondly, anyone running a '98 or later Dak with the Mopar Perf computer? Is
it really that sensitive to octane level? The Mopar Perf truck hotline guy
said it would need 92 octane or an additive like 104+ to get it up there.

Tom Ware
'98 CC 5.2 Auto.