RE: CA premium fuel

From: Ronald Wong (ron-wong@home.com)
Date: Thu Feb 07 2002 - 20:26:37 EST

Hi Tom,

It's possible that you will still ping with 91 octane under load but in most
situations you should be okay. You'll be more susceptible to it during the
winter formula months. There are ways to overcome it...at least I did with
mine.

1) Use Autolite 3923 plugs..I gap mine at .045 during the summer and change
them out and to .040 in the winter, however I have an MSD ignition and SS
Blaster coil as well....so you'll have to experiment.

2) K&N Gen II FIPK

3) F&B TB

4) Mopar headers

5) Borla Catback Exhaust

I think all of those items help it not to ping. Make sure you also check
your belly pan on a regular basis. If it still pings after everything you
try your best bet would be to use the additives.

Ron
00 PB SLT QC 4X2 5.9 46RE 3.92 LSD