draining antifreeze-'99 Dakota

From: Patrick and Kelly Engram (patrickandkelly@erols.com)
Date: Sun Feb 10 2002 - 11:23:32 EST

I need quick help, and not that I cant get the stuff out some other way,
but I turned the lower petcock on my radiator to drain it, and it turns
about 1/4 turn then stops. I'm not sure if it's supposed to unscrew a
lot further, but it almost feels like it's made to stop here. However,
no antifreeze comes out. I dont want to twist it further and end up
breaking the radiator. I did loosen the radiator cap in case it is
being held in by vacuum inside the radiator, but it didnt help.
  I remember the same thing happened on my sisters Grand Cherokee, and I
had it at the shop and just dropped the lower radiator hose ( the truck
was up in the air and easy to get to ) but I dont have the luxury of
much room in my garage at home.
  If anyone has a quick answer, please email it directly to me, because
I am subscribed to the digest mode.
  1 hour down on the plenum gasket and not having fun yet!
Patrick