Re: Throttle Body question

From: Shane Moseley (smoseley@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Thu Feb 14 2002 - 10:16:28 EST

I think Jon meant to say that DECREASED low-end is unavoidable w/a ported TB.
This is due to the fact that air moves slower through a larger orifice. The
benefit is higher volume potential as realized in the upper-end of the rpm scale
at a cost of low-end torque. This is also the basis of the factory "beer-keg"
intakes as installed on all 5.2 & 5.9L magnum engines. The smaller and longer
port runners give high speed airflow at low rpm's resulting in lots of low-end
torque but at the cost of limited upper-rpm flow potential.

Latr,

Shane