Re: Re: Throttle Body question

From: Jon Smith (jon@fast4x4.net)
Date: Thu Feb 14 2002 - 11:20:31 EST

No, I meant what I said. What you say about the intake manifold is
correct, but the TB is different. This is due primarily to the hour-glass
shape of the bore, resulting in a shrouding effect over 1/2 of each bore.
This design helps reduce shock off-idle (to both occupants, driveline parts,
as well as payload... horse trailer). OTHO, if you install a much larger
bore TB, you can loose low-end... howerver with a port job by a
knowledgeable person, a larger TB will not hurt ANY performance at ANY rpm.

> I think Jon meant to say that DECREASED low-end is unavoidable w/a ported
TB.
> This is due to the fact that air moves slower through a larger orifice.
The