Re: Audi Multitronic (offtopic)

From: Jim Miller (jim76712@swbell.net)
Date: Thu Feb 14 2002 - 20:16:55 EST

I wonder if this is a similar design only with a more rugged mechanical unit to
the Subaru ECVT which was an electronically controlled variable transmission
which allowed the Justy 3 cylinder model to out accelerate any car in its class
by a bunch by keeping the engine at its power peak continuously. It was a belt
driven arrangement.