Duel's out the back for $73

From: Mark (Gilpin.MCKnospam@lycos.com)
Date: Fri Feb 15 2002 - 22:05:05 EST

I'm not sure if any of you have done this before, but I thought I'd put it
up as food for thought. I was looking around at Home Depot yesterday, and
noticed the EMT (electrical mechanical tubing) conduit. The 2" tubing is
actually 2.1" ID, .069" wall and triple galvanize coated. 10 ft section =
$7.47. Also, 90 deg bends, as close to mandrel bent as you can get, no
kinks, no loss of ID, bent on a 10 inch radius = $6.37 ea. Bought 6 ea. of
the 90 deg bends and one 10 ft section, then stopped and picked up 3
clamps, 2 hangers and an 18" piece of 2.5"pipe Grand total = $72.87. Went
home and removed everything from the cat back and started sectioning the
bends and MIG welding them together. It took about 7 hours including
removing the old system, but now I have a rock solid duel outlet system. It
is not easy by any means, but if you have decent fabrication skills and a
MIG welder (a porta-band saw is a big help also) you can do this. If any one
wants to host a few pictures so others can look at it, I'll snap a few and
mail them. By the way, there is no muffler on it right now, that's what the
18" piece of 2.5" pipe was for. It actually sounds quite good, the Cat takes
allot of the noise off of it, but I'm still gonna pick something up in a
little while to put on it.

Mark Gilpin
98 5.2 4X4