Brake/ Rotor service for Quad Cab

From: ArcticRoze@aol.com
Date: Mon Feb 18 2002 - 01:09:08 EST

Hello All,

I know that rotors and brakes are a sensitive subject with some, but it
finally looks like I have to take mine if for service.

For the past several weeks I have been noticing a pulsing sensation from
steering wheel while applying the brakes. It is noticeable after the truck
has been driven a bit and when gently braking at low speeds to a stop light.
While cleaning my wheels I noticed two separate grooves on the front drivers
side rotors.

My truck is out of the 12,000/12months coverage. It is a 2000 bought in Jan
2000, but ONLY has 8100 miles on it. I have read lots and lots of
information about this from other Dakota owners, but I wanted to double check
if there were any New TBS or paperwork I could mention to the dealership if
they give me a hard time about replacing these under warranty? Should I just
consider replacing them with better quality rotors instead?

Any and all advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Julie
`00 SLT+ QC V6 3.9 4x2 Driftwood
Gibson Exhaust, Quick D Intake & Throttle Body
http://hometown.aol.com/arcticroze/myhomepage/auto.html