strange V6 problem....any help ?

From: Jack 3 (hemi@charter.net)
Date: Mon Feb 18 2002 - 11:16:55 EST

OK, my Brother got a 93 V6 CC in a trade a few weeks ago
and he was getting ready to sell it but it has a very
weird problem. He serviced the tranny, put a timing chain
on it, water pump, etc etc.
So nw what it started doing is when the truck is good and
hot, and you start really throwing down on it (going inmto
passing-gear,hard launches, etc) the oil pressure guage
drops to 0 and the light comes on.We checked and it seems
to be fine, but it just does this in this circumstance.
The only way to get the light out and the guage back up is
to let the truck cool down completely.
We thought it was a bad sending unit, but we changed it
and it does the same thing.One note: When we removed the
old sending unit there was a pressure build-up inside the
crankcase.This was evident by the 'ppppffffttttt' we heard
when we took the sending unit out.Just like a leaking
tire.
I thought maybe there were some nylon teeth from the
original timing gear sucked up in the oil pickup, but this
truck does not use nylon teeth on the timing gear.
I am still thinking that somehow some trash got into the
pan and sucked up, and maybe when the oil thins out when
it's hot that whatever it is is moving around enough to
throw a light.

Anyone ever had anything close to this happen ?

Jack 3

W Jack Hilton III
Dakota R/T Club Division 2 Rep.
www.DakotaRT.com