Re: Retractable Tonneau Covers

From: Kevin DeGarmo (blizzzzard69@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Feb 18 2002 - 15:41:53 EST

I installed the Pace Edwards rolltop cover shortly after I bought the truck.
  I love the look and functionality of it, but with the short box of the
quad cab I really hate giving up that extra box space where the rolltop
canister sits in front. It's pretty watertight except for right in the
corners where it meets the tailgate. A little weatherstripping there should
seal it up tight. The rhino liner on the tailgate doesn't help with the
seal either, I'm sure. I also installed Pace Edward's Powergate tailgate
lock. Works with the power locks on the truck and locks 'er up tight all
the way around. Nice feature.

I dunno if they've developed a clamp on system yet or not, but mine required
many holes drilled in the box for install. That's probably my biggest beef
with the Pace Edwards setup. They may have clamp-on rails now, I dunno.

Good luck!