Re: Storage & Bike rack idea

From: Woodruff, Jason P (jason.p.woodruff@boeing.com)
Date: Mon Feb 18 2002 - 17:31:17 EST

you know what I've been thinking about. I visualize a sheet of tread plate,
or any metal that matches the Dak's color. This plate will hinge off the
bed wall that's against the cab. When closed it'll slant down from the top
of the bed wall to the floor just before the wheel wells. And lockable.
You can drill bike mounts into it if you have that need. I would keep
things that I like to carry, but don't use often. Like the road side
emergency kit that takes up too much room in the club cab. I don't really
like tonnous because I throw too much in the bed. This would be like a 1/3
tonnue, and you really wouldn't see it unless you peered into the bed.

Jay W
4.7L Auto Sport+ C.C. 2wd Black
Mods Profile page at
http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/Re5X8z5la@Ix2/profile.htm