Re: squeaky suspension

From: George S Willhite (gswillhite@ualr.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 19 2002 - 13:10:52 EST

Don't know if this is a cure, but...

I've heard if you're suspension was lowered, all the componets...
shocks, hangers and leaf eyes (bushings) need to be tightend
with the suspension under load. I did this with a jack under the
differential (pumpkin). This is suppose to keep the bushings
from twisting, cracking,squeaking, etc. So far so good.

GS -

"Brian Fitchett" <fitchett@chem.utah.edu wrote:
well here i am again with yet another (silly?) question... about a year ago
i had my truck lowered, they used chassis tech parts and doeschtech shocks.
well now i am getting a squeaky sound coming from the front when i go over
bumps (imagine a crappy bed squeaking as you bounce up and down) and it
feels really squishy. any body have any thoughts on this and any possible
remedies? its a little difficult to contact the shop that did it, because
they are no longer in business (perhaps there may be a good reason for
this!).

the rear is also making a very bothersome rattling, which has only gotten
worse over time.... as far as i can tell nothing is broken or loose... but
its obvious that i am not as proficient as some of the folks on this list
when it comes to trucks (ask me a laboratory question and i will be all over
it!).

Brian
Black SLT V6
Gibson exhaust, QuickD intake
Lowered 2/4 (may be going lower if i cant figure all this stuff out)