Re: Installed the M1 today!

From: John_Neff@Dell.com
Date: Tue Feb 19 2002 - 11:01:25 EST

I'm keeping mine totally stock. It's one of 218 factory notchbacks produced
in '88. That and the fact that it's a GTA with a TPI 305 makes it even more
rare. I paid $6500.00 for it with 55K miles back in '95. I've had to replace
the fuel tank so I'm quite familiar with the pains involved with the pump. I
was going to replace it while the tank was out but not for $300.00+ on a
part that hadn't failed. I've had it up to 121mph, but was running out of
steam. Not bad for a late 80's car with 205hp :)

John
http://jndneff.home.texas.net/dakota/dakota.html
<http://jndneff.home.texas.net/dakota/dakota.html>
http://jndneff.home.texas.net/gta/gta.html
<http://jndneff.home.texas.net/gta/gta.html>

Lucky, I loved that car. I just couldn't find many parts for it at the time,
late 90's. It had 3.73, the stock busted! Headers, gutted cat (big
Improvment) pass emssions too! TPI intake foil, roller tips rockers 1.5,
Hyperchip, shift kit, flowmasters, 1988 heads, my old head cracked and
valves steam leaked. 1987 GTA Black, I wish I came aross a 1989 TTA :). But
the 5.7 did well, I scored it for 4k back in 1996 with less than 70k. All I
had to do was put some of the parts back onto the engine. What fools. Oyea
hope you Fuel pump doesn't fail, that was a pain in the Butt! 1987 was the
first year, plus it have the V-belts which sucked! Did 130mph+ stock!

 Now I have a 2001 RC R/T, reminds me of my GTA will all of that Torque.