Re: towing trailer

From: victor.williams@byers.com
Date: Tue Feb 19 2002 - 11:44:05 EST

You sure that 25' weighs 3700 lbs?
My 24' Jayco LiteHawk has a sticker of 3450 but loaded for travel it's a
bit more. Truck stop scale weight of truck/trailer was 9800# on one trip.
9800 total - 4600 loaded truk = 5200 lbs - and yes I do carry a lot of
stuff.
I got 3.55 LS,5 sp and 318 with towing package. I also lose speed up
hills. Fuel mileage stinks when towing at 3000+ rpms but towing up hills in
5th gear just doesn't work. ( unless you want to cruise at 75+ ) Towing
above 5000' is a different story. I live at 1100'.
A 3" catback ,K&N air filter,Jacobs ign and synthetic blend oil helped me.
Helped around town mileage too ( 16.5 -17 mpg ).
Also I had about 190k miles on my last long trip with original engine and I
expected a little slowdown.

Victor Williams
Marietta, GA
'95 CC, 318 5sp, Jacobs ign, Jardine catback. 212+k miles