Re: RE: towing trailer

From: KenCo (kenco.fish@verizon.net)
Date: Tue Feb 19 2002 - 11:49:56 EST

"Sevrence, Sean (S.J.)" wrote:

> Hey John!
>
> The "properly equipped" truck has 3.92 gears. This gearing will provide you
> with the highest GCWR (Gross Combination Weight Rating). You will loose
> around 300lbs off of the trailer capacity due to the 4x4, but the 3.92 will
> bring back the power for the hills.

FWIW :)
gears dont affect GCVW, that is set by tires, axles,
springs and a properly rated hitch is also needed.
Gears only affect power/speed.
tire size also can make better power, low profile and high
weight rating, were talking 6 ply actual and greater.

I've recertified many vechs., including my 1/2 ton Dakota
and it is registered to carry 3/4 ton w/ just the addition of a
1500 lb. helper spring and 205 frt./225 rear tires vs. the stock
195's for frt./rear.

tires are all marked for single or dual loads so just a little
math gets the total.

spring ratings are easily upped by adding as little as 1 helper
leaf and/or a middle leaf. most helpers add 1000-1500 lb. GVW
increase. also, re-register vech. for the new GVW.

the nifty stickers you get in the box w/ the springs saying
"Suspension has been modified" goes next to the factory rating
tags and will stop an overweight ticket in court.

--
http://www.kencofish.com  401-781-9642

make a no-cost donation to save the rain forrests here http://rainforest.care2.com/welcome?w=981743017

Please Note: No trees or animals were harmed in the sending of this contaminant free message We do concede that a signicant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.