Re: RE: towing trailer

From: T Simmons (travis@corinthian.net)
Date: Tue Feb 19 2002 - 18:20:12 EST

Really having troubles pulling a trailer?? I have a stock 2000 QC with a
4.7 and automatic with the tow package. I took a trip to Georgia to
Califronia during thanksgiving, I was pulling a uhaul 2 axle trailer loaded
with a suzuki swift. I ran 85 to 90 MPH (in OD of course) once I got west
of Dallas - FW,TX and didn't have any trouble. Drove 21 hours the first day,
took a 6 hour nap in Van Horn, TX and drove 16 hours the second day! Then I
loaded a Triumph TR7 and returned.... pretty much at the same pace. You know
it takes 36 hours of hard a$$ driving from west central GA to Palmdale,
CA.... boy was my butt tired!! Never a moments trouble from the
Dodge....course I only got about 13 mpg.

Travis