Re: Ball Joints\Control arm

From: Chuck Robbins (intense99dak@cox.net)
Date: Wed Feb 20 2002 - 07:53:01 EST

If your 2000 is the same as my '99 then you can get a set of Moog ball
joints and replace the stock crap ones. Get a right angle grinder and grind
off both sides of the rivets. Then use a center punch to drive out the
remaining rivet. The Moog ball joints have bolts that replace the rivets.

My upper ball joints took me about a couple hours to change (including some
paint on the control arm). The lower ball joints however were a totally
different beast and I had to remove the control arms and bring them to a
shop so they could remove the rivets.

--
Chuck Robbins
'99 Dakota Sport

""Shane E. Rieger"" <semj1@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:a503si$gbr$1@bent.twistedbits.net... > Do I have to change the whole upper control arm on a 2000 Dak to replace the > ball joint? Dodge says so, but I feel it is just a way to make more money > off me. > > > -- > Shane > 2000 Black Sport Plus CC > Extang Black Max Tonneau Cover > Rhino Liner, Lund Visor, Racer Back and > Wiper Cowl, Hotchkis Anti-Sway Bars, > Quick D Intake. Front Clear Corners, > Euro Tail Lights > >