RE: MPG

From: Art DiRamio (ADiRamio@opensolutions.com)
Date: Wed Feb 20 2002 - 08:07:56 EST

Russ -

Unless they changed it, you have a 24 gal fuel tank. That means, even if
you're running the tank dry, 1000 miles / 72 gallons = 13.88MPG. You would
have had to burn about 95 gallons in 1000 miles to get to 10.5 MPG average.

I have about 4800 miles now and my grand total average is 12.9MPG. Mostly
back and forth to work (8.5mi back roads both ways). I live in Connecticut,
and they use the MTBE additive in the winter, so I'm sure that has something
to do with it.

I've been keeping a spreadsheet to keep track. If you want to see detail, I
can email it. Contact me off list.

Art DiRamio
'01 Patriot Blue QC Sport+
HD 4X4 4.7L 3.55