RE: DODGE WINS!

From: Stlaurent Mr Steven (STLAURENTS@MCTSSA.USMC.MIL)
Date: Wed Feb 20 2002 - 15:29:43 EST

Way to go Walt. Thanks for the info.

--------------------------------------
Steven St.Laurent
C2 IOW/IOS Engineer
C4i Engineering Branch, PSD, MCTSSA
MARCORSYSCOM, U.S. Marine Corps
Office (760) 725-2506 (DSN Prefix: 365)

From: Walter Felix [mailto:walt_felix@hotmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2002 11:57 AM
To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
Subject: Re: DML: DODGE WINS!

I was there at the race and I was listening to the conversation Marlin was
having with his crew chief on the scanner. When he got out of the car, he
told the crew cheif that the fender was into the tire and he didn't think it
would last a few laps. The chief told him to pull it out if he can and he
replied that he tried and the NASCAR offical told him to stop. The chief
the replied "Well than tell him to pull it out!" Marlin came back with "I
can't, he won't let me touch it" The chief then told him to get back into
the car and move the steering wheel back and forth, hoping that the tire
would push the fender out some. A moment later, the chief came back with
"They said you have to go to the end of the longest line" Marlin replied
with an "All right" Another moment goes by and the chief comes back with
"We've talked to the laped cars, your OK to pass on the right! Pass on the
right!"
Both he and Gordon who were at the end of the line moved back up to 8th and
9th.

I'll have pictures from the weekend up shortly.

Walt