Re: 12volt changing to 44volt in the next years..

From: Jim Miller (jim76712@swbell.net)
Date: Fri Feb 22 2002 - 09:21:11 EST

It should have been done years ago. Military veichles have been 24 volt for
many years. The higher the voltage the smaller wires, alternators, starters can
be and do the same job. It increases operating efficiency and reduces weight on
wiring and other electrical components. I think cars should be 96 volt for the
absolute best performance. The only reason they have stayed at a low voltage is
because idiots would get shocked fooling with electrical things they should
leave alone.