Re: Re: improving towing and trailmaster lift on '96

From: Eric Kozowski (eric@kozowski.com)
Date: Fri Feb 22 2002 - 00:59:59 EST

On Thu, Feb 21, 2002 at 11:37:27PM -0500, Jason Mooberry wrote:
> > any longterm feedback on the trailmaster 4" suspension lift? <
>
> + looks good
> + no problems with the lift itself since install (25,000 miles, >2 years
> ago)
> - good luck finding a pair of wagon wheels for the winter with the 3.75"
> backspace req'd by the kit. if winter isn't a concern, not a problem.

wagon wheels? narrow wheels for narrow winter tires? winter is definately
an issue here. have had snow on the ground continiously since turkey day
weekend (though the roads clear up fast). however, i've not run any kind
of winter tire or studs (don't beleive in using studs).

> - 32x11.50's rub when the suspension compresses and the wheel is turned ~
> 50%. even with slightly adjusted tbars. i had to grind the sheet metal
> back on the rear of the wheelwell for additional clearance (not visible due
> to molding).

31x10.5 fit ok without body lift?

> »steering stabilizer is a good idea to save your steering components from an
> early demise (due to bigger tires that are pushed further out)

good point. do you have one you like?

> »the 3"(2"?) TM body lift would be a nice accessory. i have one sitting in
> the basement that's waiting for me to get motivated. it would help with the
> wheelwell clearance issue, and allow for more fun in the mud and probably
> 33"s.

yeah, however, body lifts look like a big pain to install (though can't be worse
than the suspension lift).

thanks for the info.