Re: checkmate cover

From: Travis Higgins (travis@primenet.com)
Date: Sun Feb 24 2002 - 01:22:33 EST

<< Hi

 I am planning to buy a checkmate tonneau cover, any experiences with that?

 Stefan Bartels >>

Not personally...I've heard some bad stories about peeling paint, poor fit
and finish,and leaks.

Bill White - http://www.moparforme.com

Hmmm, mine doesn't leak and I don't see how it can since the lip fits on top
of the bed rails. The fit is fine, the problem with the Checkmate is it
doesn't come with a gel coat, so you can see the fibers in the finish of it.
I had to spend quite a bit to get it painted. The painter had to lay down a
bunch of thick coats of primer to get the finish to be smooth like I wanted.
I do love the way it looks now. Be aware that it is not a true "flush"
cover, meaning it doesn't fit inside the bed rails. It has a small lip that
rests on the bed rails. If you want a true flush cover that mounts inside
the bed rails check out the Sprint tonneau (I heard they are not making them
anymore, however).

Anyway, if you want to see any pics of the Checkmate on a Gen III just shoot
me an email.

Travis
00 IB CC R/T