Shocks -- Summit has buy 3 get 1 RSX or RS9000

From: Jason Yates (onebad4x4dak@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Feb 24 2002 - 10:44:03 EST

I noticed all the shock talk and thought I'd chip in. My
current factory shocks are basically obliterated after 52K+
miles (leaking oil--rough ride). I've been delaying in buying
new ones largely because I couldn't figure out what I wanted,
how much I wanted to pay, and when/if I'll be getting a lift.
Anyway, I think Summit has made up my mind with a "Buy 3 Rancho
RS9000 or RSX Shocks, get the 4th one free," deal. I'm planning
on calling today or tomorrow and getting the RSX's--they're $50
a piece, so its a little more than I was planning on, but they
sound like they ought to handle on- and off-road equally well
(or equally bad?). Anybody running the RSX?

For those interested in the RS9000, they're out of my price
range at $74.50 a piece. Another option for those that are
patient is Pro Comp's MX6 adjustable shock. There's an ad for
'em in the latest Four Wheeler Mag; they're coming out in the
spring and are 6-way adjustable like the RS9000's. The ad
doesn't mention a price, but I'd bet they'd be cheaper than the
Rancho's. OK, I better quit babbling before I change my mind
again . . . .

=====
Later,
JY
Fairborn, OH '98 CC 5.2L 5spd 4x4 w/prerunner bumper
Pics -- http://photos.yahoo.com/onebad4x4dak