Re: well now! (4 door survey)

From: andylevy@yahoo.com
Date: Mon Feb 25 2002 - 07:54:34 EST

"Punch" <2punch.crash2000@ahm.com> wrote:
> hmm, the wife is prego, so I have nine months to find a 4 door vehicle!

Congrats!

> general feelings on your 4 door?

Just about the best looking 4-door truck on the market. Miles better than the S-10 4-door.

> if gas mileage is no concern go with the 4.7 or the 5.9?

If you want a stick, it's gotta be the 4.7. Either is a good choice.

> would a Durango use more gas then a 5.9 Dakota 4 door?

Depends on your driving, among other things. The Durango is heavier but has beter aerodynamics (slightly, as it doesn't have a bed). My father (a pretty conservative driver) has seen a best of 18 MPG on his Durango w/ the 5.9 and 3.92 gears. He typically averages about 1 MPG lower than my 5.2/3.55 CC, but I'm also a less conservative driver.

> are the 4 door daks any bigger? it's gotta fit my current garage as a new
> house is now an afterthought!!

Width (obviously) is the same. I think it's a half inch longer than a CC. Unless you're just barely fitting now, it'll be no problem.