Man, Y'all Gotta Read This!!

From: Ed Halterman (OLZNUT@webtv.net)
Date: Tue Feb 26 2002 - 00:51:54 EST

This is no bs, I saw it myself, and wouldn't believe it unless I didn't
see it!! This aft=ernoon, I was driving east on the 134 fwy in Burbank,
at about 5:30 (I know the time for sure, the 5 o'clock funnies was on
95.5 KLOS) at Pass Ave, a LAPD cruiser was in the carpool lane, I was in
the slow lane, and right after he passes me, HIS LIGHTBAR FLIES OFF and
lands in the next lane, and this dumb a$$ cop slams on his brakes,
throws it into reverse, jumps out and retrieves the thing with traffic
coming at him 70+!!!!! One car looses it, almost tags the center
divider, and causing another one to get sideways, and when the cops (as
in 2) see this, he high tails it back to his cruiser, throws the light
bar in the back seat and takes off, never even looking at the cars that
spun out. This all happened in about 30 secs. Dumb a$$es, reminds me of
the time there was a chase on tv (LAPD again...) and the suspect started
driving in circles in the middle of the intersection and 3 LAPD cars
were following him, doing circles as well like a merry-go-round, and
making a$$es out of themselves on nat'l tv as a bonus......... Before
you go out and call me a cop hater or some "basura" like that, my whole
family works for the California Highway Patrol, so I know how cops
think, or in this case, lack of. Told my Dad, retired Lt Commander w/
38yrs in, and he just laughed and said "figures". There, my only off
topic post for the year :)

Ed "Olznut" Halterman Sunland, Ca
'01 Dak Quad Cab 4x4 SLT+ 4.7L V-8, Auto, Bright Silver Aka the "Silver
Streak"!!!
'66 Olds F-85, 5.4L V-8, HAS 410hp at the crank, Will be Intense Blue
next month!!

See the Silver Streak and Project Olds here!!
www.dodgetruckonline.com/ed.htm