RE: California state laws (catalytic converters)

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Tue Feb 26 2002 - 10:11:21 EST

No...you can change the catalytic converter as long as it has CARB
approval as well as being OBD-II compliant. However, you are not
allowed to change it unless: (1) It's out of warranty, or (2) It's
defective. Most muffler shops will give you some sort of grief about
it, but there's plenty out there that won't...you just need to show them
the Catalytic Converter and the approvals.

- Bernd