Re:6-speed/HD 5-speed Dak conversions

From: George S Willhite (gswillhite@ualr.edu)
Date: Thu Feb 28 2002 - 23:20:07 EST

Its about time for an aftermarket heavy duty
manual swap thats easy on the pocket book.
Although Hurst is making things alot easier.
Glad to hear the owner has such good taste.

George

Sam South" <sawcut64@mediaone.net wrote:
I just got my Mopar Action in the mail, and there was an article about a two
heavy duty 5-speed conversions for older Mopar muscle cars(one rated at
450HP and one at 650HP). The place that's manufacturing the kits is called
Keisler Automotive Engineering, the offer complete bolt in kits with
everything needed for a bolt in swap. So I called them up and they were
trying to pursue a Dakota R/T manual swap(seems the owner's daily driver is
a Dak R/T) which could basically work on any Dak. He also said that he may
offer a 6-speed(T-56/Viper) swap with everything needed except the trans. He
was curious how many of us would be interested and at what price range. He
said for those of us who already had a manual, the price would be cheaper
then those who will have to swap it for an auto. The prices range from
$2900.00-3400.00 for a manual to manual swap and $3500.00-4500.00 for an
auto to manual swap, and $2000.00 or less(hopefully a lot less) for a
6-speed swap kit without trans. anyway his website is
http://www.keislerauto.com check it out and let me know what you think.

Sam South
ET 13.61 MPH 105.88
'95 Dak RC, 5.9L,5-speed,390 LSD