Re: Re: DML Digest V4 #4526

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Sat Mar 02 2002 - 07:41:24 EST

Hey, Andy!

<snip>Hey Bob, I didn't take a real close look at the pix while I was at the
office (apparently, they expect me to do work while I'm there?), but it
looks like you've got some real tight clearance there. Is it as bad as it
looked? I know BFGs run a tad large compared to the Goodlucks.<snip>

They DO look tight, but I haven't had em bottom out yet. I can't seem to
find any of those NY "man-eater" potholes that we usually have this time of
year...must be the mild winter, huh? The only time that I heard em rub was
when I pulled out of Sears after the install. Some ignatz didn't pull
completely into the parking spot behind me & I hadda "jockey" a bit to get
her out. A complete crank of the wheel to the left when I was pulling
forwards, gave me a little "thunk-thunk-thunk-thunk" kinda sound when the
corner(?) of the right front tire made contact...not sure what it contacted
tho...Hafta crawl under & see if I can spot any evidence of a rub...Other
than that, they ride nicer then the OEMs & I don't notice any excessive road
noise from em...gotta check to see what kinda pressure they got em
at...might tinker with that a tad..I WILL say that they grab the road
WAAAAAY better than the OEMs. I'll hafta see what they're like pulling
outta work onto Central Ave at quitting time on wet pavement...The OEMs
acted like they were on ice if I tried to pull out into traffic under
extreme go-pedal...spun right thru 1st & 1/2 way thru 2nd before they'd
grab..course they'd spin almost that far on dry pavement too...they were
definitely GARBAGE!
L8r,

Bob Smith (Daksy2K on AIM)
DML/DML
2K DAKSY CC Sport +
3.9l; V6: 4X4
(1 of 980 2K DAKSYs mfrd)
For the mods,details, etc., visit us at:

http://home.nycap.rr.com/daksy/

(ps, we're still working on it...
Susan on the page; me on the DAKSY! )