Starting Problem?

From: Lora J. Knepper (DakotaRebel98@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Mar 05 2002 - 15:26:54 EST

I have a rather new, and rather puzzling problem for y'all...

It's been rather cold here in East Tenn for the past few days, and I hadn't
driven my truck anywhere all weekend. Yesterday, I had to go out and tried
to start her up like normal. My truck is notorious for not wanting to start
in cold weather, but this time it was more serious. It tried to turn over,
but from the sound of it, didn't seem like any gas was getting into where it
needed to be. I finally got it to turn over by pumping the gas pedal a few
times, and then turning the key while lightly stepping on the gas. This
morning, she started fine on her own so I thought my problem was just the
cold. Right. I was at the gas station filling up, and when I tried to
leave, the same problem all over again. It was about 50 outside, and the
engine was still warm from the highway, so I know it wasn't the cold this
time. She would only start up if I stepped on the gas at the same time. So
far this has only happened this twice - but I'm concerned about it. (That
and I most definately do not have money for any repairs). Any thoughts on
what's causing it, and maybe what I can do to stop it from happening again?

Thanks in advance guys :o)

~ lora

Lora J. Knepper
AIM: Rebel39SPT Email: lora@mydodgedakota.com
www.mydodgedakota.com
'Rebel' - 1998 Dakota Sport, RC, Deep Amethyst, 2WD, 3.9L V6
Flowmaster Dual Exhaust, Mopar Bed Rails and Light Bar, KC
OffRoad Lights, Drop-In Liner, Custom Decals, Tinted Rear Window
Kenwood 10-CD Changer, CB Radio