Re: DML : Starting problem

From: Jerry Lee (jerry.429@charter.net)
Date: Wed Mar 06 2002 - 20:26:03 EST

Lora:
I am not sure if Dodge uses them, but it sounds like you have a fuel
pressure regulator leaking down. Can you hear the fuel pump start when you
turn on the ignition switch? Try leaving the switch on for a few seconds
before you try to start the engine. This will give the fuel pump time to get
the fuel lines pressurized before you try to start the engine. On mine, you
can hear the fuel pump come on for a couple of seconds when the switch is
turned on. Don't know if this will help, but...
Jerry Lee
1998 Dakota Regular Cab Deep Amethyst
3.9L 5 spd. Tonneau Cover (soft)