Re: Re: Re: DML : Starting problem

From: KenCo (kenco.fish@verizon.net)
Date: Thu Mar 07 2002 - 08:13:31 EST

mgrose@ameritech.net wrote:

> Lora,
>
> The same exact thing has been happening to me and I have a 97 3.9.
> It is intermitent and I have no idea what is causing it either. If I hold
> down the gas enough it will stay on, otherwise it will just die. A few
> people on DML suggested to me it might be the fuel pump, I haven't had time
> to look into it though. I will look at in next week while on spring break.
> It seems to happen more to me with under a 1/2 tank of gas.

having to hold pedal down is usually the
"throttle position sensor" or "idle selonoid".

another possible cause is the "fuel pump relay",
if its going bad the voltage to the fuel pump
can be low enough so it doesnt get full fuel
rail pressure and wont idle.
fuel pump relay is $15 or so and an easy
changeout.

--
http://www.kencofish.com  401-781-9642

make a no-cost donation to save the rain forrests here http://rainforest.care2.com/welcome?w=981743017

Please Note: No trees or animals were harmed in the sending of this contaminant free message We do concede that a signicant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.