Re: Re: Re: DML : Starting problem

From: mgrose@ameritech.net
Date: Thu Mar 07 2002 - 00:21:47 EST

Lora,

         The same exact thing has been happening to me and I have a 97 3.9.
It is intermitent and I have no idea what is causing it either. If I hold
down the gas enough it will stay on, otherwise it will just die. A few
people on DML suggested to me it might be the fuel pump, I haven't had time
to look into it though. I will look at in next week while on spring break.
It seems to happen more to me with under a 1/2 tank of gas.

At 09:46 PM 3/6/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>Jon,
>
>First time it did it the tank was a little higher than 3/4 full... the
>second time was at a gas station right after I had topped the tank off (I'm
>surprised the attendant didn't think I was blowing the place off b/c with
>the Flowmaster... well, giving the truck gas while turning everything over
>is a rather LOUD affair....). So far she hasn't done it again, but I'm just
>worried that the next time will be somewhere I don't have a cell signal to
>call for help (I go into the the Smokies alot on the weekend) if I can't get
>it started with holding down the gas. I'm really rather puzzled over the
>whole thing myself....
>
>~ lora

>Lora J. Knepper
>AIM: Rebel39SPT Email: lora@mydodgedakota.com
>www.mydodgedakota.com
>'Rebel' - 1998 Dakota Sport, RC, Deep Amethyst, 2WD, 3.9L V6
>Flowmaster Dual Exhaust, Mopar Bed Rails and Light Bar, KC
>OffRoad Lights, Drop-In Liner, Custom Decals, Tinted Rear Window
>Kenwood 10-CD Changer, CB Radio
>
><snip>

-Matt Grose
South Euclid, OH