Clutch gone in 32k

From: Ray Block (bpracing@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Thu Mar 07 2002 - 19:40:47 EST

Ok, bear with me for a moment. I have an automatic Dak, but my '86 Laser
Turbo had a 5-speed with the same problem. I would have to go to 2nd gear
before going to first or it just wouldn't happen. New clutch, re-surfaced
pressure plate and throw-out bearing didn't help.

Now granted, this car had cable linkage, but all it took to solve the
problem was some clips on the cable ends to reduce slop. Soo, it might be
as simple as your linkage is worn (rest your hand on the shift lever much
while driving?) or perhaps a Hurst shifter will help. Food for thought. :)

Ray