Re: Odd running conditions

From: Ray Block (bpracing@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Fri Mar 08 2002 - 01:29:05 EST

Good suggestions, Bernd. I've always used Fram (reg) and about twice a
year my lifters clack on startup. The truck sits in the garage for at
least a week between races so this isn't totally unexpected. I figured it
was the drain-back also so I tried a K&N filter which has an anti-drain back
valve. Still did it once last year. (which may be an improvement)

I suspect sometimes no matter what you do they're gonna clack when they feel
like it. Why else would it only happen a couple times a year, every year,
and not necessarily when it's been parked since my last race in Nov. I
fired it up today and all was quiet. Well, not ALL....the exhaust was
loud........but that's a good thing. :)

Ray