RE: Re: Warning Stickers (thanx)

From: Stlaurent Mr Steven (STLAURENTS@MCTSSA.USMC.MIL)
Date: Mon Mar 11 2002 - 17:10:53 EST

>From MOPAR, yes and no.

You may take a look at the new HO 4.7 with the Jeep lineup and check the
difference. Matt was heavily into this information and pretty much knew
what changes were made to gain the additional 30-35HP and TQ over the
regular 4.7.

Another area is the OEM after market products.

Chris Lambert, Bill (Semi-Hemi) and few others have applied the after market
products and pretty much can tell you if they are worth the money or not.

Yet, if you are not upside down in your payment and want a real Dakota
truck, wait until the 5.7 Hemi SRT-8 versions in 2004. Or, if money is not
a problem go for the SRT-10 Ram. With the Dakota 4.7, you have changed some
minor areas to ensure safety, durability and not to violate the warranty
from the factory. In order to gain a two second in the 1/4 mile or drop the
0-60 times to have a great performing truck, it will cost you more than 4K
to accomplish this feat.

Steven St.Laurent
C2 IOW/IOS Engineer
C4i Engineering Branch, PSD, MCTSSA