Question on Wheel Bearings

From: Chris Reck (roadkill47@attbi.com)
Date: Thu Mar 14 2002 - 18:57:06 EST

I am approaching 48000 and I will be doing a lot of work on my truck this
summer. Mainly replacing the tires with BFG 32x11.5's as well as upgrading
the shocks to something heavier duty. Are the Ranchero 9000's a stiffer
ride? I would like something that stays more level in turns, but allows the
give on potholes.

I plan on also upgrading the Brakes and Rotors with the suggested Raybestos
and Powerslots. Any problems with mud going off road with these?

Would it be a good idea for me to replace the wheel bearings on my truck? I
plan on keeping the vehicle for a long time yet (5+ more years) and want to
make sure things last without breaking the bank.

I just read about replacing the bearings, but I will probably have them
repacked and need the "guts".

Thanks for the time!

Chris Reck
99 Sport 4x4 3.9L Amethyst