Re: home brew intake done !!!

From: Chris Reck (roadkill47@attbi.com)
Date: Thu Mar 14 2002 - 19:04:34 EST

Did you use a bracket to hold up the end of the filter? Didn't see anything
listed on your page. I got a 1" wide by 1/8" thick (or so) by 12" long and
made a 90 deg bend about 2 inches from one end, drilled a 5/8" hole so that
it would slip over the post on the fender and bent it in an arc until it met
with the filter. I used the clamp that held the old pipe to the air hat to
hold the bracket to the PVC tube.

Normal driving should not cause a problem without this, but a bunch of hard
bumps (off roading) and that's a lot of force on the one screw at the air
hat.

Chris
99 Sport 4x4 3.9L Amythest
    Autolite Plugs