Re: 4.7 Torque?

From: KenCo (kenco.fish@verizon.net)
Date: Fri Mar 15 2002 - 12:14:03 EST

"William H. Hiatt III" wrote:

> Well, as you may know, I recently got my truck dynoed. Came out to be
> 223RWHP, but only 278TQ. That's pretty low for the mods, IMHO.

these really aren't HP mods, there more "mind over matter"
mods, they do "some good".

> Engine Mods:
> 1) Flometrics 70MM TB

this is equal to having a 650 Holley carb then
switching to an 850 but using the 650 jets.
in order for a larger TB to work properly you need
to add a bigger injector or it will just "lean out"
and the computer will compensate adversly.

someone needs to get an intake from a multi port and
play w/ hogging out the injector fire areas to see
if it will make a noticable diff.
if injector dumps into valve port in head then a port
job would be better.

*you need to be an inj. rebuilder for this one*
I would also try machining the pintle springs a tad
to give more lift at same pulse for an increase of
fuel. try about .003-.005 at a time off the spring.

I have an 88 w/ TBI so I cant do mine.
these type do benefit from a lgr. port size.

> 2) Intense Performance 4" Z-Tube
> 3) 2x2.25" Magnaflow exhaust

not familiar w/ these.
w/ or w/o headers?

headers were always a bolt-on HP increaser as
long as a lgr. carb. was added. should be same
w/ newer injection sys. as they would slightly
makeup for the ease of flow increase w/ inj. pulse
timing.

--
http://www.kencofish.com Ken Arnold, 401-781-9642

make a no-cost donation to save the rain forrests here http://rainforest.care2.com/welcome?w=981743017

Please Note: No trees or animals were harmed in the sending of this contaminant free message We do concede that a signicant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.