Re: I Picked Up My New Truck

From: Mr. Plow (adam_is_mr_plow@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Mar 15 2002 - 16:17:44 EST

>Everything seems to be in order except they put the front license plate
>holder on, which I asked them not to. So they are ordering me a new front
>air dam to replace the one with holes in it. They love me already. :)

>Bill White

This has been a complaint of mine for a little while now about Dodge. Both
on the Dakota, and to a slightly lesser extent the Ram. They mount the
front plate on the very lowest part of the bumper.
This may not seem like a problem to those of you that stay on the hard stuff
(pavement), but to all of us that like to throw our trucks around in the
mud, it really sucks. Going through any kind of dip, or ditch, that fron
plate is the first thing to hit, and it gets torn right off, every time....
  ugh....
In the Dakotas, i would have preferred that they mount the plate at least a
little higher. But on the Rams, they have a spot that looks like it was
specifically designed for a license plate. It's a space on the middle of
the bumper that looks perfectly sized to take a plate. Yet where do they
mount it?? At the very bottom, geez.....

Anyways, that's my rant for the day. :)

The Adam Blaster
(Getting worked up with all this talk of mud and clay) :)