Re: 4wd on dry road, why not?

From: Andy Levy (andylevy@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Mar 16 2002 - 09:10:51 EST

With part-time 4WD, there's no "give" between the front and rear axles -
they're turning at exactly the same rate. If there's any difference
between the front & rear at the wheels (turning especially) and all 4
wheels are on a dry surface or otherwise have no slippage, the whole system
will bind up and get damaged. Do it enough, or hard enough, and something
will snap.

Our T-cases are NOT meant for racing, nor would I expect them to withstand
a shift at full throttle.

--
-andy
andylevy@yahoo.com