4wd on dry road, why not?

From: Puddlestompa@aol.com
Date: Sat Mar 16 2002 - 01:58:45 EST

I believe I heard that you should not use your 4wd drive system when on dry
pavement, because you are not supposed to use it when traction is good, or
something like that, is this true, if so why,

Reason I ask is because I would like to use my 4wd system for racing, put it
in 4wd, stomp on it and pull it out at about 20-30mph, so that I have no tire
spinning, is this bad for the truck. I have the 4wd system that sits on the
center hump and goes 4hi, 2wd, N, 4lo, so 4hi to 2wd would be an easy switch

Aaron
Vancouver, WA
2000 Sport 4.7L CC 4X4 Black